Written by Stephen Sondheim, directed by Sarah Schaller. Auditions July 8 & 9 at 6:00 PM. This is a musical, so please have a song prepared and bring sheet music. See you there!
- JOHN WILKES BOOTH – An actor and passionate champion of the South during the Civil War.
- GIUSEPPE ZANGARA – A short (under five feet) immigrant who failed to kill Franklin Roosevelt because he had to stand on a chair and it wobbled.
- LEON CZOLGOSZ – The son of Polish immigrants, a worker in a glass factory and supporter of anarchist groups.
- JOHN HINCKLEY – A man who shot President Reagan and three others to impress a girl he’d never met.
- CHARLES GUITEAU – A Republican who wrote a campaign speech for President Garfield and ended up shooting him to promote the sales of his book.
- SARA JANE MOORE – A five-times married FBI informer who tried to kill President Ford to re-establish her radical credentials.
- LYNETTE “SQUEAKY FROMME – A member of the “family” of disciples of the mass murderer Charles Manson, who pulled a gun on President Ford so she could call Charlie as a witness.
- SAMUEL BYCK – An unemployed loner who picketed the White House on Christmas Eve dressed as Santa Claus and died trying to implement his assassination plan at Baltimore-Washington International Airport.
- LEE HARVEY OSWALD – A stock boy in the Texas School Book Depository.
- THE BALLADEER – A singing witness to national catastrophe.
- THE PROPRIETOR – The insinuating barker of a fairground shooting gallery.
- DAVID HEROLD – Booth’s accomplice.
- EMMA GOLDMAN – An anarchist celebrity.
- GERALD FORD – Briefly President of the United States, 1974-1977.
- JAMES GARFIELD – President of the United States, briefly, in 1881.
- BYSTANDERS, CITIZENS, etc.
2018 Show Staff Application
We are seeking directors, pianists, costumers, set builders, box office, and voluntary backstage crew for our upcoming productions. Click here to apply.
The Mantorville Theatre Company is an open and welcoming organization. All of our actors are volunteers and our auditions are open to anyone who fits the requirements of the shows we produce. We offer professional stipends for directors, music directors, costumers, set builders, and other contract positions. Other volunteer opportunities abound.